Adventures with Zane!


Zane and I officially made it back home to Chicago from Seattle. It was a LONG trip to say the least. We headed for the airport around 10am. As we were pulling into the airport they advised us to be dropped off at arrivals because it was so busy. Once we finally made it inside the airport we had to go through security. Thankfully the SeaTac airport is always very helpful. Once we made it inside I ate probably the biggest burrito I have ever seen. I surprisingly, as a breastfeeding mama, ate the WHOLE thing! It was SO good. After that we made our way to gate C18. On our way there we were greeted by many elves and Santa Clause himself. They gave us free gifts and we were entertained by multiple singing groups. It was really fun! Traveling during the holidays can be very fun πŸ™‚


Zane and I boarded early and made our way to the back. Everyone thought Zane was so cute! We waited 45 minutes until we took off. Zane loved being on the airplane. He spent the next four hours playing with the magazine in front of us, my credit cards, and the hair of the girl sitting next to us (oops). Thankfully the two girls sitting in our row LOVED Zane. They were from Japan so we learned how to speak some Japanese. Konichiwa! (C0-Nee-Chee-Wa), which means good afternoon.Β They even held Zane so I could use the restroom. (Thank goodness) And for those of you shocked that I would let strangers hold Zane, it’s not like they could kidnap Zane 30,000 feet in the air! Plus if anyone knows me they know that I make friends really fast and after four hours we practically were besties πŸ˜‰

Now here comes the fun part. We landed at 5:45 only to find out that our gate was taken by another plane due to the bad weather. I thought we would have to wait a maximum of 30 minutes…I was VERY wrong. We had to wait on the plane until 8:15!! Zane was NOT happy and I couldn’t do anything about it. We weren’t allowed to get up and we had no food. I would have died if it wouldn’t have been for the hilarious people next to us making Zane laugh. I became very amused by the random faces grown men would make at Zane. Babies really do bring out the silly sides in people. Once we got off the plane I felt SO relieved. I felt like I was in jail for a few hours. Here is us waiting…


I made my way to the baggage claim and my big brother Conn was waiting for me! All that traveling and waiting was well worth it. Dad and Grandma were in the car. Everyone was so thrilled to see Zane. We got to bed super late and tried to sleep in this morning. Zane was up a ton because flying always messes up his schedule. We spent the whole day with family and I even got to see some friends! Here is a video of what Zane has been doing all day.Β Fun with Uncle Conn πŸ™‚

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! I want to give a shout out to my handsome husband! I miss you so much honey and I can’t wait to see you on Monday. Life isn’t the same without you.

Love to Love,



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s